The Diagnostic Imaging Department at SCH has implemented a state of the art Picture Archiving and Communication system (PACS). The images are digitally stored for quicker retrieval and quicker results to your physician. Diagnostic Imaging performs 20,000 exams a year including:
- Computed Tomography - The GE high speed scanner is used to diagnose a variety of medical conditions.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging - The Mobile MRI Center of Idaho comes to SCH three times a week. MRI is used to diagnose a variety of medical conditions.
- Mammography - The Hologic Selenia Digital System is used to diagnose breast cancer and breast diseases. One in eight women will be affected by breast cancer sometime in their life. If found early with a mammogram the survival rate increases greatly.
- Ultrasound - With two GE Logic 9 Ultrasound units, SCH is able to schedule ultrasound appointments within a few days.
- Nuclear Medicine - The recent aquisition of the Philips Meridian Gamma Camera has brought SCH to the cutting edge of Nuclear Imaging. Nuclear Medicine examines various parts of the body.
- Bone Densitometry - The GE lunar system is used to diagnose osteoporosis which affects as many as 25 million Americans and can be treated if diagnosed early.
To learn more about mammography services at the hospital, click here and watch a video.